Private Equity Masterclass
PE Masterclass: Crushing the Paper LBO is Just the Beginning
This job-focused training program is ideal for Private Equity associates, MBAs and investment bankers looking to break into PE.
A Complete LBO and PE Training Program
The Private Equity Deal Process
- Learn how to add value to your deal team through each major phase of the PE deal process.
- Understand the day-to-day responsibilities of a Private Equity professional.
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of PE team members.
- Understand the teaser, NDA, CIM and OM.
- Learn to build a 1st Round Bid/IOI "Mini Model"
- Understand how due diligence is conducted on a modern PE deal team.
- Get an insider's look at PE deal negotiations.
- Gain the confidence to ace your private equity interviews
- Learn how an LBO/Recapitalization works given today’s benchmarks and credit environment
- Develop an “industrial strength” LBO model driven off a fully integrated 3 statement model
- Add a PIK toggle to various debt tranches
- Build the Sources & Uses (S&U) schedule – the correct way
- Modeling complex accounting adjustments including deferred taxes, fair value write ups, and goodwill
- Attach a DCF valuation to your LBO
Middle Market LBO Modeling
- Start with a real phone call with the Managing Partner (who will be unavailable after the call)
- Learn how to deal with the common issue of poorly formatted financials
- "Creating something from nothing" — a live look at putting together a deal recommendation when the only person you can rely on is yourself.
- Build a MONTHLY LBO model from scratch that contains the 3 financial statements, EBITDA & adjusted EBITDA (just like a QofE), working capital and more all with Excel best practices like consistent formatting, circularity breaker and error checking
Leveraged buyout (LBO) modeling is used widely by investment banks and private equity firms and is often part of a finance interview. In this course, you will learn how to build a real, complex LBO model from scratch. You will start by learning about basic LBO concepts, typical deal structures, and current industry dynamics. You will then begin th ...
Leveraged buyout (LBO) modeling is used widely by investment banks and private equity firms and is often part of a finance interview. In this course, you will learn how to build a real, complex LBO mo ...
Leveraged buyout (LBO) modeling is used widely by investment banks and private equity firms and is o ...
The Private Equity Deal Process
Led by former private equity professionals, this course takes a deep dive into the Private Equity deal process and the day-to-day responsibilities of a PE professional. Designed for incoming and prospective PE associates as well as investment bankers and lenders working with PE clients, this boot camp is an insider's walkthrough of the key phases o ...
Led by former private equity professionals, this course takes a deep dive into the Private Equity deal process and the day-to-day responsibilities of a PE professional. Designed for incoming and prosp ...
Led by former private equity professionals, this course takes a deep dive into the Private Equity de ...
LBO Modeling in the Lower Middle Market
This LBO modeling-focused course focuses on a Middle Market transaction, where private equity professionals often operate with little structure. First, you will listen in on a conference call with the Managing Partner of a hypothetical private equity firm and, through step-by-step videos, learn to build a monthly LBO model from scratch that answers ...
This LBO modeling-focused course focuses on a Middle Market transaction, where private equity professionals often operate with little structure. First, you will listen in on a conference call with the ...
This LBO modeling-focused course focuses on a Middle Market transaction, where private equity profes ...
Get Wall Street Prep's Private Equity Masterclass Certification
Trainees are eligible to take the LBO Modeling and Private Equity Deal Process certification exams for 24 months from the date of enrollment. Those who complete the exams and score above 60% will receive the Private Equity Masterclass certification. The exams are challenging assessments that cover the most difficult concepts in the program.
PE Deal Process Introduction
PE Mini Model Walkthrough
LBO Modeling Course Welcome
LBO Modeling: Reviewing Our Model
LBO Modeling: Adding a DCF Analysis
Middle Market LBO: Managing Partner Call
Middle Market LBO: NewCo IS Adjustments
Middle Market LBO: Circularity Breaker
LBO Modeling Template
Who is this Program For?
- Incoming and prospective PE associates
- Asset management and hedge fund associates
- Investment banking analysts and associates
- Corporate finance and business development professionals
- MBA students and business undergraduates
Private Equity Masterclass Highlights
Intuitive, Self-Paced and Comprehensive
Wall Street Prep's Private Equity Masterclass is intuitive and self-paced. The Private Equity Deal Process portion of the program walks users through the various stages of the PE deal process using a case study (JoeCo Coffee Company), documents such as the teaser, CIM, NDA as well as a "mini model" to show how deals are done and to teach what it takes to be a valuable part of a PE deal team. The LBO Modeling portion of the program teaches students how to build, analyze, and interpret LBO models and transactions in a step-by-step fashion using videos, readings, ready-to-use LBO models and exercises using a real case study.
Upon enrollment, students gain free and unlimited access to Wall Street Prep's Online Support Center, where they receive answers to questions, free downloads, and important updates from a support staff comprised entirely of experienced former investment bankers.
Private Online Tutoring (Additional Fee Applies)
Want a little extra attention? Live video-chat tutoring is available with experienced real estate professionals (additional fee applies). In addition, your tutoring sessions enable you and your tutor to share models, a virtual whiteboard and any other files via an integrated web and phone platform that enhances the learning experience.
The program assumes a basic introductory knowledge of accounting (e.g. interaction of balance sheet, cash flow, and income statement) and proficiency in Excel. Students with no prior background in Accounting should enroll in the Accounting Crash Course. Students with limited experience using Excel should enroll in the Excel Crash Course.
Earn CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.