Learn DCF Modeling the Way It's Done on the Job
Build a DCF Model Step-By-Step
DCF valuation is a core investment banking skill every Wall Street analyst is expected to know. This virtual "Power Session" shows trainees how to build a DCF model for a real public company and compare the output to its stock price.
Taught by Experienced Professionals
This is NOT an academic exercise. Taught by experienced investment banking professionals, this is the same intensive Excel-based training used to prepare new hires at some of the largest IB firms in the world.
FREE access to our Online DCF Modeling Course
Attending this program gets you a lifetime learning resource: Refresh your modeling skills at any time with our step-by-step DCF Modeling Course.
What You'll Learn
- Learn DCF valuation methodology, a core investment banking skill required by any Wall Street analyst.
- Forecast unlevered cash flow items, including working capital, capital expenditures, and depreciation
- Calculate the terminal value using both the exit multiple and the growth in perpetuity approach.
- Construct scenario analysis based on P&L case selects, terminal value approach, and cost of capital assumptions
- Perfect for both MBAs and liberal arts students with little to no finance background.
- Key learning objectives include:
- Discussion of enterprise value vs. equity value and consistency in inputs used
- Forecasting unlevered cash flow items
- Discount periods, including stub-period adjustment and mid-year convention
- Exit multiple vs. perpetuity growth terminal value approaches and their relationship
- WACC and cost of equity estimation
- Share count dilution from options, restricted stock, convertibles etc.
- Scenario and sensitivity analysis based on different assumptions
- Checking and validating the integrity of a DCF model
Wall Street Prep training is used at ...
Who is this Boot Camp For?
Designed for MBAs and undergrads, finance and liberal arts students, and anyone starting a career in:
- Investment Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Private Equity
- Equity Research
- Asset Management
Boot Camp Details
Revisit what you learn
This virtual seminar will be recorded and available for you to review any time from your Wall Street Prep learning dashboard.
Used widely at investment banks and universities, this seminar walks trainees step-by-step through the DCF valuation methodology, a core investment banking skill required by any Wall Street analyst. At the end of this advanced training session, attendees will understand how to forecast unlevered cash flow items, calculate terminal value and construct scenario analysis. This session is ideal for both MBAs and liberal arts students with little to no finance background.
Comprehensive training materials and unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
Our instructors are all practitioners with years of directly relevant real-world experience and have a passion for teaching. They understand the importance of teaching in a way that empowers students to apply the lessons from the classroom directly on the job.
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.
Why Attend a Boot Camp?
Our live courses pulls no punches. Each boot camp is the same intensive training used to prepare incoming analysts at top financial institutions.
Learn by Doing
Attendees “learn by doing” by working through practical exercises and building financial models from scratch using real case studies.
Boot camps provide an opportunity to network with MBAs and professionals from industries including investment banking, corp dev and FP&A.
Our instructor-practitioners are experienced bankers who give real-world context by connecting training to their own experience on the desk.
Our training reinforces speed, efficiency and consistency in Excel that investment banking analysts are expected to have on Day 1.
Continuing Ed & Webinars
Enrollment to most boot camps includes access to our continuing education online training platform and webinar series.
Can't Attend? Learn Online Now
The Premium Package: Complete Financial & Valuation Modeling Training
Earn 4.5 CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
Questions? We're Standing By.
To learn more about this boot camp, fill out the form below or call us at: 617-314-7685
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.