Real-World Training From PE Professionals
Learn how to add value to your deal team through each major phase of the Private Equity deal process.
The PE Deal Process Demystified
The Private Equity Deal Process Boot Camp is an insider’s walkthrough of the key phases of the PE deal process. We bring you through the major PE deal checkpoints and describe how junior professionals can add value to the deal team.
Led By Experienced PE Professionals
This boot camp is not an academic exercise: It is taught by PE professionals who have been involved in some of the most high-profile private equity deals in the last 10 years.
Used by Top Financial Institutions
This is the same training program used by some of the largest PE firms in the world to prepare new hires for the job.
What You'll Learn
- This boot camp will demystify each phase of the PE deal process.
- Understand the day-to-day responsibilities of a Private Equity professional.
- Learn how you can add value to your deal team through each PE deal phase.
- Designed for incoming and prospective PE associates as well as investment bankers and lenders working with PE clients.
- Taught by PE professionals who have been involved in high-profile PE deals.
- The pre-deal process:
- Pre-deal roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Deal sourcing
- The first-round bid/IOI phase:
- First round bids/IOI roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Reviewing CIMs and OMs
- Building the Mini-model
- Deal review materials
- Management presentations
- The diligence/LOI phase:
- Diligence/ LOI phase roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Quality of earnings
- Deal financing
- The data room process
- Making the decision and drafting the letter of intent
- Post-LOI phase
- Post LOI deal phase roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Deal updates and final model
- Negotiating key terms in the purchase agreement
- Negotiating key terms in the credit agreements
- Transition services agreements
- Deal closing
- Deal closing roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Getting regulatory approval
- Working capital adjustments
- Funds flow
Wall Street Prep training is used at ...
Who is this Boot Camp For?
- Incoming and prospective PE associates
- Asset management and hedge fund associates
- Investment banking analysts and associates
- Corporate finance and business development professionals
- MBA students and business undergraduates
Boot Camp Details
Revisit what you learn
This virtual seminar will be recorded and available for you to review any time from your Wall Street Prep learning dashboard.
Led by former private equity professionals, this course takes a deep dive into the Private Equity deal process and the day-to-day responsibilities of a PE professional. Designed for incoming and prospective PE associates as well as investment bankers and lenders working with PE clients, this boot camp is an insider’s walkthrough of the key phases of the PE deal process. We bring you through the major PE deal checkpoints (Pre-Deal,First Round Bid/IOI,Diligence Deep Dive/LOI, Post-LOI, Closing) and describe how junior professionals can add value to the deal team.
Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises), Detailed Reusable modifiable Excel model templates, Unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
This seminar presumes knowledge of financial accounting (at least 1 semester or equivalent). Participants without this background must enroll in and complete the Accounting Crash Course prior to attending the seminar. In addition, it is strongly recommended that attendees complete the Financial Statement Modeling online course that comes with enrollment ahead of the seminar.
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.
— Amrata M.
— Sam O.
— Maria Luisa E.
— Jamal C.
— Iris R.
— Ali R.
Why Attend a Boot Camp?
Our live courses pulls no punches. Each boot camp is the same intensive training used to prepare incoming analysts at top financial institutions.
Learn by Doing
Attendees “learn by doing” by working through practical exercises and building financial models from scratch using real case studies.
Boot camps provide an opportunity to network with MBAs and professionals from industries including investment banking, corp dev and FP&A.
Our instructor-practitioners are experienced bankers who give real-world context by connecting training to their own experience on the desk.
Our training reinforces speed, efficiency and consistency in Excel that investment banking analysts are expected to have on Day 1.
Continuing Ed & Webinars
Enrollment to most boot camps includes access to our continuing education online training platform and webinar series.
Online Training: Build a Full-scale LBO Model
Want to go further than the Paper LBO? Learn how to build a fully integrated comprehensive LBO model.
- Build a full LBO model from scratch
- 12 hours of step-by-step modeling training
- Real-world LBO Model template included
- Used at top PE firms, investment banks and MBA programs
Earn 9.5 CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
Questions? We're Standing By.
To learn more about this boot camp, fill out the form below or call us at: 617-314-7685
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.