Learn the Skills You Need to Trade Foreign Exchange in the FX Spot and FX Forward Market
FX directionality and trading conventions aren’t taught in a textbook. Skip the theoretical and learn how we trade FX on the trading floor.
Decode the Jargon
Which currencies are quoted in American Terms versus European Terms? Which currency is the base currency or the terms currency? If the exchange rate went up, did the Euro strengthen or the US Dollar? What about the Japanese Yen vs. US Dollar?
Trade the Spot Market
If you wanted to buy 1 million Euros and sell USD dollars, do you use the left exchange rate or the right? If you were a salesperson and made half of the bid-to-mid spread, how much money is that transaction worth for you? After this Power Session - you'll have all the practical skills to execute and trade any FX spot transaction.
Demystify the Forward Market
The forward market is where Rates and FX are combined. We'll talk through the different trades: outright versus swap. We'll analyze the impact of dates, shorter- versus longer-dated forwards. We'll convert the forward points into implied interest rate differentials.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the roles of key FX Market Participants including Corporates, Issuers, investors and Speculators
- Develop an intuitive understanding of why currencies strengthen or weaken
- Determine value dates and settlement dates across major currency pairs
- Decode FX Jargon including: European vs. American Terms and Base vs. Terms Currency
- Convert amounts from one currency to another
- Interpret FX Directionality, which currency is strengthening vs the other currency
- Demystify electronic FX trading conventions and platforms
- Communicate in FX units including pips and big figures
- Determine the appropriate rates for a transaction (bid vs. offer)
- Calculate the cashflows of a foreign exchange trade and the profit and loss on a transaction
- Understand the drivers of why forward rates differ from spot rates
- Demystify FX Forward transactions: Outright versus Swap
- Calculate Forward Points and Implied Interest Rate Differentials
- Understand how FX options are quoted and traded
- Calculate payouts for FX Options
Wall Street Prep training is used at ...
Who is this Boot Camp For?
- FX Salespeople and Traders at Investment Banks
- Finance and Treasury professionals at multi-national companies and banks
- FX Traders and Portfolio Managers at Hedge Funds
- FX Traders and Portfolio Managers at Asset Managers
- Finance students and anyone looking to break into the FX Industry
Boot Camp Details
Revisit what you learn
This virtual seminar will be recorded and available for you to review any time from your Wall Street Prep learning dashboard.
This boot camp is an intensive training program where we introduce trainees to foreign exchange, including drivers of currency movements, trading conventions, and forward transactions.
Virtual Training Sign-In and Setup
Instructions on signing into this virtual session will be sent to you prior to the event date. Learn about technical details and more at our Virtual Training FAQ.
This virtual training session is scheduled for 10a-4p (ET). The session will use interactive exercises as learners move back and forth between classroom lecture and interactive polls and contests.
Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises), Detailed reusable modifiable Excel model templates, Unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
None. This course is designed as an introductory level course.
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.
— Davis K.
— Kelvin L.
— Raymond F.
— Jon K.
— Hansen L.
— Gregory P.
Why Attend a Boot Camp?
Our live courses pulls no punches. Each boot camp is the same intensive training used to prepare incoming analysts at top financial institutions.
Learn by Doing
Attendees “learn by doing” by working through practical exercises and building financial models from scratch using real case studies.
Boot camps provide an opportunity to network with MBAs and professionals from industries including investment banking, corp dev and FP&A.
Our instructor-practitioners are experienced bankers who give real-world context by connecting training to their own experience on the desk.
Our training reinforces speed, efficiency and consistency in Excel that investment banking analysts are expected to have on Day 1.
Continuing Ed & Webinars
Enrollment to most boot camps includes access to our continuing education online training platform and webinar series.
Earn 3.5 CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
Questions? We're Standing By.
To learn more about this boot camp, fill out the form below or call us at: 617-314-7685
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.